Harriet Tubman Middle School was originally built in 1951 with a significant addition in 1983. The building is 98,000 gsf and composed of five major building. The project’s design-build construction delivery had a high level collaboration and daily coordination. The extensive and fast-tracked renovation included the following upgrades: full mechanical equipment replacement, extensive seismic upgrades, and full roof replacement over all five major building areas.
The renovation also added new spaces such as: science classrooms, special education facilities, dance studio, library renovation, acoustics upgrades, replacement of finishes, way-finding improvements, ADA upgrades, and storm-water facilities.